Friday, March 31, 2017

Ivy's Travel: Summer in Japan Diary {Part VIII - The end}


Previous post Summer in Japan Diary {Part VII}, click here.

DAY 9 - AMEYA YOKOCHO - YANAKA GINZA - ISETAN SHINJUKU - SUKIYA - HANEDA AIRPORT 

AMEYA YOKOCHO
Address: 4-2-10 Ueno (1min walk from Okachimachi station north exit)

Our last day in Japan. Flight was on midnight, so we make use of the whole morning and afternoon. We went to one of the popular market in Tokyo, Ameya Yokocho. It was a local old market where you won't see many tourist, but we love it here. There are so many things to look around and to buy. A great place for souvenirs and snacks. So many supermarkets that sell Japanese snacks in competitive prices.


YANAKA GINZA
Sendagi station exit 2 

We went back to Harajuku Gyoza Lou for another gyoza madness and strolling around our favorite Omotesando before take a visit to Yanaka Ginza. It is the centre of commerce of Yanaka cityand prized for its atmosphere which brings you back to Edo period. I do feel the ambiance here is very old school and authentic, but personally we felt the area doesn't really have anything attractive, I think we expect much since it was quite a long journey from Shibuya.



ISETAN SHINJUKU 

While waiting for the time to go to bus station for our airport bus to Haneda airport, we took a walk to Isetan Shinjuku, eat some desserts on the basement and have our last meal in Tokyo at Sukiya. 


Unagi & Beef Bowl 880 Yen (IDR 113.000,-)

The nice neighborhood all the way to Isetan Shinjuku from our hotel. Don't you just love the city?

We went back to hotel to pick up our luggage then walked to Shinjuku bus station. One of the perks of staying at JR Kyushu Blossom Hotel is it is only 5 minutes walk to Shinjuku station where we can take airport bus to the airport. It's on level 4. You can buy the ticket on machine or counter, but if you purchase the ticket in advance before departure date, you need to do that via counter only. Bus ticket priced at 1230 Yen (IDR 157.000,-) per person.

Haneda airport has tons of snacks. You can find giant pocky, Jaga Pokkuru, Royce, etc in here with reasonable price incase you don't have time to find something in the city. 

DAY 10 - HONG KONG - JOY HING ROAST GOOSE - BACK TO JAKARTA 

As what I've shared in my first post of this travel diary, we didn't stay in Hong Kong due to limited time. So sad because Hong Kong is like my favorite city in Asia. Anyway, during the transit, we make it a must to stop by at Joy Hing, our all time favorite roast goose restaurant in HK. Da bomb!

Well, that ends my story of our Summer in Japan diary. I always do my best to write a diary series of my travels, if it can help others, good, but my main purpose is so I can have the memories in writing for me to read and reminiscing that moment. I didn't finish my Korea trip diary last time and I always too lazy to write on my Hong Kong trips, I regretted it so much, hence am super glad to be able to finish this Japan summer diary.

Anyway, to sum up, the trip has been super great. Even in summer with that crazy heat, the trip is still so memorable. The city is so clean, tidy, everyone is so so friendly, and the food, everything and any random one, are so goood! I heart you, Japan and I am looking forward for my fourth visit, hopefully the next one would be on spring or autumn, since all my three visits were in Summer. 

On additional note, it has been so much fun to travel just us two. Traveling with friends and family is great, but the feeling when travel with only just us two is like, triple great. =)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY TRAVEL DIARY!
I hope my babbling helps you in some way if you're thinking on traveling to Japan. :)

*Based on trip 3-11 July 2016. Currency rate 1 JPY = 128 Rupiah
 

No comments: