Tuesday, March 8, 2016

CHIR CHIR PIK INDONESIA


I gotta say, I am a proud fried chicken gal. Of all junk food, fried chicken is arguably one that I mostly find hard to resist, after pizza. And when it comes to fried chicken, I am leaning more to Korean one rather than the popular American like KFC or Mcdonalds, I mean, I like them too, but something about Korean fried chicken is just so irresistible, and by something, I mean their crunchiness. 

I know that Chir Chir is not the first Korean fried chicken brand in town, but I have never really into the other brands as they mostly battered their chicken with all those sauces, from barbeque, garlic or whatever. I like my chicken simple, fried, crisp, original, without any marinated sauces.


Chir Chir is super serious in making their brand all about chicken. Their menu is all about chicken, and so is their interior. Their first outlet at Pantai Indah Kapuk was filled with chicken ornaments. It was cute, at the same time, neat, not too cutey cutey kind of design. 


As for the menu, I feel that it could easily relate to adults and children. Who doesn't love chicken? They have wide variety of chicken, from original, spicy, garlic, cheese. We can choose to have the boneless one as well if you're not into licking the bone. LOL. 


First thing I need to emphasize here, the portion is HUGE. Like huge huge. So, be considerate before you order like too much. I was there with my two best friends and ordered only two kinds, yet it still ended with quite leftover. 

Crispy Fried Chicken (149k)

They live up to their promise, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! It was so so good! Super crunchy and dry, by dry I don't mean that the meat wasn't tender and all, because it was. I meant, dry as in no excess oil found like in the typical American fried chicken.


I wasn't supposed to have too many junk food at the moment, but I think I ate like five of them, and I didn't regret it! It was so good! They came with two kinds of sauce, one of them, the wasabi one is the bomb! So tasty and fits well as the dipping. I do hope in the future, they'll have a menu only for the crispy chicken skin. YUM!

KkanPung King (149k)

This one is boneless chicken in combination of spicy and sweet sauce with dipping cream. As I mentioned before, when it comes to chicken, I'm not really into any kind of marinated sauces, I am more into the good old fried chicken, salty, crisp and plain without any sauces. Hence, I don't really enjoyed this one as I find them a bit too wet and sweet, I even only ate one, just to know how it taste. My two friends, though, love this one a lot. One of them even liked it more than the crispy one. I think it all comes to personal taste, but let alone the sauces and flavors aside, I do agree that the texture was excellent. Very juicy. 


As for the price, it was quite reasonable referring to the portion and the flavors itself. Simply said, I'm glad Chir Chir is here with us. 

Thank you for reading!

CHIR CHIR
Ruko Garden House Blok B 20 
(Next to Soerae)
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
IG: @chirchirindonesia

No comments: