Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Humble House Jakarta


Our visit has been quite a while but I just finished writing it now. There are these kinds of places where I really have the mood to blog it as soon, and it would be a very smooth writing, I could type and type and done. On the other hand, there was also some writings that need hard work. By hard work I mean installment writing. Type some, save in draft, type again when I feel inspired on what to write. This one, took me around 2 months installment.   

I am into any kind of food, but when it comes to Chinese food, I don't normally have major craving. It probably one of the cuisines that I'm not that eagerly to try even if it's a new place in town. Most of the time, I'll just keep it for family quality time as folks love Chinese food. 


Located on the top floor of Lotte Shopping Avenue along with other two fine dining restaurants, My Humble House is not so humble when it comes to ambiance and pricing. The interior with the black and soft beige is sleek and stylish. The quite atmosphere somehow feels intimidating. 


During our dinner, the four of us was the only two tables at the time. It was weird as I remember vividly it was Sunday, not weekdays. I wonder if the empty room was because of the interior and location, as the price tags might be a bit higher, but not excessively pricey. 

Anyway, here's what we order.  

HOT AND SOUR SOUP (68k)
Tangy with perfect sourness. The soup was thick and dense.


CRISPY KUROBUTA PORK (128k)
Winning dish of the night. This one is definitely a must order at Humble House. Crisp and crackling on the skin, juicy and tender on the meat. This is YUM. 


SUCKLING PIG (320k Quarter)
One of the best suckling pig! Succulent meat, crispy skin.


Everything we ordered was really good. My Humble House rise as one of the best Chinese restaurant in town. Everything was so fresh and nicely cooked. The prawns were crunchy, great flavors, the fried garoupa with salted egg yolk was excellent.

SAUTEED PRAWNS IN TWO WAYS (228k)

BRAISED BEANCURD WITH SEAFOOD (128k)

FRIED GAROUPA WITH SALTED EGG YOLK (218k)

BAKED RICE WITH SEAFOOD (138k)

The baked fried rice was so good! Beautiful seasonings, generous condiments. I loved how they chopped asparagus and cooked it together with the rice.


Before we move on to desserts, they served us complimentary drinks with creative and pretty presentation. They were mixture of beet, green apple, pineapple and lemon. They were so refreshing! Aside from that, we also got a plate of complimentary Jelly pudding with chrysanthemum. 


FRIED SESAME BALL (7k per pc)

CHILLED ALMOND BEANCURD WITH LONGAN (35k)

We were super full but I still insisted in ordering the fried sesame ball and almond bean curd to end our satisfying dinner. The sesame ball with salted egg yolk inside was to die for. Must order!

I simply love their food and hospitality. The service was beyond flawless, we appreciated the kind little gesture of free complimentary snacks and beverages. Gotta tell you, My Humble House, worth the spent. 

MY HUMBLE HOUSE
Lotte Shopping Avenue 5th Flr 
Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio Kav 3-5
Kuningan, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29889595


No comments: