Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The CUP Indonesia


Can you believe another Korean restaurant just opened at Pantai Indah Kapuk, like again? I feel like I just blogged about the newest one, MapoGalmaegi and yet, here comes another one. Jakarta food scene never fails to impress me. Just like MapoGalmaegi, The Cup is also brought here from Korea. Having to branch out to Germany, Hong Kong and Malaysia, they now open their first outlet in Jakarta at the hipster foodie dining, PIK. 

Just got back from having lunch there with bestie and can't wait to blog about it. If you kind enough to pay attention, I almost never blog on a place I just went to on the same day, so when I do, it usually involves two reasons; I had a blast meal and it doesn't has too many pictures to edit. :)


The CUP's concept is stylish Korean food served in cup. Though for dine in, they still use ceramic bowls and don't really use paper cup. The paper cup (box) is for the take away only. All the food are cooked upon ordering, so not really fast food type like what I thought. And not to worry, portion wise, it's not cup size one. If you know what I mean.

I would like to emphasize in advance that everything we had on the table were nicely cooked and properly seasoned. It's not the kind of most Korean restaurant in town with the BBQ grill, here they serve more simple and fast menu in equally if not better taste. Interior wise, nothing much to talk about as they keep it very simple with the minimalist design and stripes green chairs. I do think a nice design goes a long way, but honestly it's a relief to have a change of view. It's good to find a place who focus more on the food quality more than beautiful decor. 



Talking about their food, I finally found a good Tteokpokki (sweet and spicy Korean rice cake) 68k in town. I was never a fan of Tteokpokki, the chewy texture and the sweet sauce never works well on me, until just now. I find their Tteokpoki to be the most satisfying. It has a good texture and well balance sauce, with assorted fresh seafood and fish cake. Love!


The Pork Duruchigi rice (pork meat cooked in traditional Korean spicy Duruchigi served sauce over infused premium Korean rice) 68k was very good. The pork meat was succulent and tender, and I loved how they cooked the rice just right, not too soft and mushy. 


I have never find this kind of dish at other Korean restaurant in town, except from Kkuldak so we ordered one and wasn't disappointing. The Spicy Dakgangjeong (68k) is a deep fried boneless chicken cube battered in Chef signature spicy sauce. If you have eaten Kkuldak before, it has more or less similar taste only this one comes in more chunky size. 


Japchae (85k), my must order on Korean restaurant was also well cooked and nicely seasoned with shredded omelette on top and tender beef chunks. 


We love our first visit. It was a satisfying change after always having BBQ grills at Korean restaurant. It's nice to see The CUP brings a new, simple yet tasty Korean food concept to town. Be consistent with the taste and quality, and I'll be a regular, promise.

The CUP Indonesia 
Ruko Crown Golf Blok D No. 50
Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 99250250
Opening hours: 
Mon - Thu & Sun: 11am - 11pm
Fri & Sat: 11am - 12 mid
Instagram: @thecup_id
FB: ThecupID
Price range:65k - 85k

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aduhh ngiler bangets. Itu sederetan dg apa ya?

Ivy said...

Ini enak jul boleh coba. Sebelahnya provence.

ellynatjohnardi said...

Looks very convenient for take-away ya Vy! Pengenn...

Unknown said...

Halal?