Monday, October 27, 2014

Clea Tea Bar & Lounge Kemang


How will it feel to dine in a cafe with fresh flowers boutique adjacent to them? Loved. That's the feeling. Fresh flowers always give you a scent of being loved. The gorgeous sight is another bonus point. Now, what if I told you that kind of place exists in the heart of Kemang? Please, read on...

I had a great lunch at Clea Tea Bar & Lounge couple days before I flew to Spore. If you follow me on instagram @ivys_life, you would know I just got back from another Spore's short trip last Friday. A day before that, me and a friend meet up at this beautiful cafe for a quick lunch. 


Clea Tea Bar & Lounge is a rebranding of  Tea Addict. Took the same location, they changed the interior design and widen the whole menu. I have never been to Tea Addict before so I got nothing to compare with, but I love the new them! Clea is chic in it's simplicity way. Connected to a flower boutique, the place has fresh flowers with shabby chic concept. I have always love white for its clean and minimalist feeling, and the way Clea did is just lovely. 

Even before entering the place, I have had a crush on the shabby vintage door!

Upon entering, I find my self fallen for the place even more. It does not has as many flowers as I previously thought. But the flowers boutique just next to them and was only separated by transparant glass windows, so still a clear sight on the fresh beauties. 


I really like this place. With its natural light, the fresh flowers, the white shabby concept, that vintage sofas and the minimalist feels, it makes the place different from the rest of other cafes in Kemang. I also like how the petite space makes the place feels homy.


The menu covers several cuisines but mostly Asian. Their Ayam Bakar Emak (60k), grilled chicken with special spicy sauce was served with corn fritters and warm steamed rice. Though the corn fritters were too flabby for my liking, I liked the chicken with its sambal very much. The chicken was well grilled, soft and tender with enough flavor.


The Spaghetti aglio olio (55k) cooked with smoked beef and mushroom might need a bit of more seasoning to boost up more flavor, but it was still a delight for its al dente cooking.   


We didn't order much but enough to make us know that it will not be the only visit. So, I guess I'll see you soon, Clea!

As always, thank you so much for reading!

Clea Tea Bar & Lounge 
Jl. Kemang Raya No. 95
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7190232
Opening hours: 10am - 11pm
Price range: 30k - 150k
Directions: Just go straight from KOI, passing through red light and D'Cost seafood on your right. Clea will be at the left. 


No comments: