Saturday, March 22, 2014

Madera Kitchen


Sunday in my dictionary is family day. Unless another very important thing comes up, starts from 10am onwards, I belong to my fam. Taking my folks for a brunch or lunch has been forever my thing, since I was single until now that I've married.
A bit out of topic, I am super close with my parents, especially my mom. She's like my best friend, I told her everything and I almost never spent a single day without calling her. It's a blessing I met hubs who cares about my parents as much as he cares about his, so the ritual remains strong. *smooch*

Anyway, Mom is a bit like me, an adventure when it comes to food. Dad, on the other hand, sort of conservative. Most of the time, we will spend our Sunday having dimsum or Chinese and Indonesian cuisines. I always prioritize the place that I know will suited them and trying out other diners who I knew they won't like on days beside Sunday. However, traffic has been a headache and I find my self more and more losing interest on driving South on weekdays.

So, lately I have been waking up early on Sunday, searching for a place that opens early before 10am. You might think it sounds like a hard work to be timely managed on a Sunday, a day where people are allowed or even forced to be lazy. But, in my case. It's sort of works out for me. 


I spotted the place couple weeks before, when hubs and I were having breakie at Antipodean. It's a house turned into diners located just across Hero Kemang. The place was neat, modern, at the same time, humble. Several tables at the front, open kitchen at the centre, with two couches placed at the back of the room. It was simple with a casual vibe, makes me feel like I was eating at my own kitchen.

The place, is Madera Kitchen.


My Eggs royale (65k) was pretty simple. Two poached eggs on toasted focaccia breads with sliced of salmon on the side. The eggs poached perfectly, and I loved the sliced of salmon. Very good seasoning. The toasted breads were okay. The only downside was the hollandaise sauce wasn't think enough, a bit diluted. 


The food was okay, but don't expect to be blown away. To me, it's not really about the food they served, but more on how it makes me feel like I was at home.

Madera Kitchen 
Jl. Kemang Selatan No. 1
South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 7180620
Opening hours: 
Tue - Sun: 8am - 6pm 
(closed on Monday)

Directions: From Mcdonalds, go straight until you see the Papillon building (Huize Van Wely) on your left, turn into the left alley besides the building. Just go straight and you will find Madera Kitchen at the end of the streets, right side. Park at Hero Kemang across Madera for more parking space. 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I really love your food reviews!
mind to check my blog?

xx
http://overloadstories.blogspot.com