Friday, December 13, 2013

HOLDAK Crispy Chicken


The crispy chicken from Busan is in town!

I was on my way to my friend's house when I saw the banner on the opening of Holdak in front of Pluit Village. Couldn't resist the urge on making a turn into the mall, I texted my friend to tell her that I will be late for half an hour. Yes, I do admit I have a serious sickness when it comes to trying new food place. *rolling eyes*


Anyway, I was in luck as it was their last day opening promotion, 35k only to get 4pcs of chickens, 2 salads, 2 rice, and 2 soft drinks. Major cheap! They only served chicken, nothing else, and the steps goes like these:

Step 1: Choose the chicken; boneful or boneless
Step 2: Choose the sauce; sweet, spicy 1, spicy 2, or spicy 3
Step 3: Choose on how you want the sauce to be served; separated or marinated together
Step 4: Choose the topping; cheese or peanut


I chose to have 2pcs of boneless with separate sauce and 2 pcs of boneful with marinated together sauce so I could see which one I like best. I only snapped some pictures and decided to have them for take away since my initially plan was picking up my friend to have lunch together. I reached home around 4 hours after and the boneless one remains crisp, imagine if I eat it right on the spot? Though it was a bit oily for me, if only it was deep fried more to perfection.


I didn't like the one with sauce marinated together, it felt too greasy and sweet for my liking, and even though I chose the spicy 3 sauce, yet it didn't taste spicy at all. I wonder if they put the wrong sauce. Well, either it was wrong or not, personally I prefer the one with separate sauce as it was more savory and crisp.

Korea is famous for their super crisp fried chicken, and I was told Holdak has outlets spread all over Busan, though I didn't see either one on my 2 days trip to Busan a while ago. Bottom line, I think the chicken was good, but not good enough to turn it into an addiction. Have you tried Holdak? What do you think?


Holdak
Pluit Village 4th Floor
Jl. Pluit Indah Raya
North Jakarta
Ph. +6221 66670174

2 comments:

Unknown said...

small size chicken isn't it ???

Ivy said...

It's not that small, standard size but sure not as big as the american fried chicken.