Saturday, May 26, 2012

Personal sharing: Journey


So, couple days ago my baby Lemon was participating in fashion bazaar held in my old campus. Of all the bazaars Lemon ever participated in, this was probably the one I most excited about. The thought of going back to a place with so many memories was sunk in my heart deeply and I hardly can't wait. You know sometimes, time flies so fast that it feels so good to bring back the old memories... Just to appreciate everything much more. And that's exactly what I did.

During three days of the bazaar event, I took some time walking around the campus. It had been years since I graduated, yet I feel the campus looks exactly the same when I say bye to it 7 years ago. Nothing much change though, college kids still hang out in the place my friends and I used to hang, favorite street hawkers were still there on the same spot, everything seems to be no different.

It might sound silly, but I really did enjoy my three days there. Driving through the street I used to cross every morning during college time, passing through the hang out spot, buying snacks from the same mini vendors, I even didn't pack my self a home made meal just because I wanted to eat the foods I used to eat there.

It's funny how life turns out. The fact that I studied accounting yet I suck at it and never interested in anything to do with numbers. And yes, sometimes I do think that if I can go back and change the past, I would prefer to take English literature as my subject in college. But to think again, to see and to actually live what life brought me today, nay.. I don't want to change a thing. I'm not saying that my life is perfect now, but it could be worse.

Those three days bazaar gave impact more than Lemon's income, personally it taught me a lesson I needed at the moment. Lately, I feel like I have been ungrateful and feeling down of things that I feel I haven't accomplished yet. Going back to my old campus had given me some sort of flashing back of how I used to be and how much I have accomplished since then.

I can't bring back the past. All I can do is moving on and make memories of hopefully a better future, so few years from now, I can look back and be thankful on how much I have accomplished then.

~It's never too late to be what you might have been~ George Elliot


No comments: