Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Aperitivo


One of the things I enjoy to do at the moment is buying food voucher from Disdus.com. I found some of their promo really was beneficial in saving some bucks along with trying new dining place. I went to Aperitivo on the last day when my voucher was about to be expired. It was a long journey as I slept late the earlier night so I was sleepy which led to me being not in the very best mood. I was about to let the voucher forfeited, but between the curiosity of the place and the money I have paid for the voucher, I dragged my bestie to have lunch there.

It was located at the lobby of Telkomsel building, Kuningan. Luckily the traffic was smooth that day. The place was almost empty when we reached there. There was a small section of wine cellar near the entrance along with the bar. The place was not big but I like the intimacy of it. We were seated and I handed my voucher to them. My voucher was worth IDR 177.000,- valid for 1 appetizer, 2 main courses and 2 desserts. It was a very worth to buy voucher as the price range was quite high while the menu options to be chose were vary.


The menu was in Italian & English and it was confusing, so we asked the friendly waiter to recommend us and we ended choosing Carpaccio of steamed octopus on the bed of vegetables (52k) for the appetizer. Pizza Calzone di Salumi (79k) and Barramundi fillet served with sundried tomato w/ rocket and fennel salad (119k) for our main, and Gelati e sorbetti (19k) & Dark chocolate volcano with vanilla ice cream and bourbon vanilla butterscotch (48k) for desserts. 







As always Italian restaurant's trademark, a basket of complimentary bread was served with salsa sauce. The salsa sauce was delicious. Our salad came, it was fresh but I like my salad with classic caesar dressing, so this one with balsamic dressing wasn't really suited my taste. The main course however was exquisite. I love both the calzone pizza and the barramundi fillet. The filling inside (beef salami, peppers and mozzarella) was not rich but the pizza dough was perfect, it was soft and delicious. I think about it as I typed at the moment. The barramundi fillet was perfectly cooked and wrapped in tin foil so the seasoning sauce really seep into the fish. Both were very very nice. Sadly, it was not a happy ending as the desserts weren't good. My mango sorbet was rough while the dark chocolate cake was too dry.

However, the lunch really brighten my mood that day. I'm glad I didn't let my voucher expired.

Aperitivo
Telkomsel Buiding
Atrium Mulia GF
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav 10-11
Kuningan, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221 52892304


2 comments:

ellynatjohnardi said...

Ah! Disdus the wallet saver for many food-bloggers =P Food looks yummeh, not to mention you got a great deal there =)

Ivy said...

Totally wallet saver ;)